Day vist to Norton Priory
TAS members visited the Augstininian priory (1134) remains and museum complex in Runcorn. The remains were excavated from 1971. A newly updated museum complex is well worth visiting and a new viewing gallery of the site. Following the Visit a fleeting visit to the Castle pub and then Halton castle in freezing conditions.
View from New gallery
Two major phases of construction, grafitti adorns the earlier stone windows
close up of wall outline of the main church walling and edge of the cloister
Illuminated late 14th century statue of St Christopher and TAS members
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink